Scripps Ranch and Bankers Hill Therapist Sara Cole.
7 Essentials of Succesful Self Care
When you feel like stress is ruling your life, It’s time to step up your self care routine. Here are 7 ideas to keep in mind as you develop your own self care plan.
Living your best life starts with successful Self Care and that doesn’t mean taking an OCCASIONAL Bubble Bath. True self care takes commitment to you and the ability to stick with your plan.
Self Care involves addressing 7 areas of your life for maximum benefits.
Few realize that these areas exist and very few are addressing ALL of them.
*There’s no “one-size-fits-all” plan but it’s certain that to best care for yourself, these 7 domains need to be nurtured.
And now ....
The seven Domains of Self Care
1) Physical: This means being active, eating well and taking care of your physical health. It’s going to the doctor for a checkup or when you don’t feel well, regular dentist care, etc.
2) Emotional: This is attending to your emotional or mental health. It means identifying, accepting & expressing a range of feelings, which is vital to your health. Try finding outlets for your feelings. This could be anything from drawing to landscaping or playing an instrument. Relaxation techniques are also helpful. Try guided meditations or yoga. Seeking therapy is a great way to care for yourself. **If you’re having a challenging time, it may be time to see a therapist.
3) Spiritual: The idea that we are in “an ongoing search for meaning in life and what may extend beyond”. It’s exploring and expressing our beliefs and values. This also means understanding your place in the universe and connecting to something larger than yourself. Spirituality isn’t necessarily religion, but it can be for some people.
4) Intellectual: This is all about using your brain. This involves critical thinking, an interest in ideas & creativity. You can approach this type of self-care in many ways. You might focus on career development or your favorite hobby.
5) Social: This part of your life involves nurturing relationships with people outside of your immediate family. Friendships are critical to our quality of life. Friendships become especially important over time, because as we age, we face difficult challenges like sickness, divorce and the death of loved ones.
6) Relational: This means strengthening and maintaining relationships with significant others, kids, parents and other family members. Daily familial interaction is a key factor in promoting your overall health.
7) Safety and Security: Involves being proactive about ensuring personal safety, understanding your finances. Always remember that regardless of how busy you are, you deserve to feel safe, secure, happy and fulfilled.
As you can see, this list is just touching the surface of what your self care plan can look like. Use this as a jumping off point and find what works for you. I would love to hear what you come up with.
Sara Cole MFT provides therapy in Scripps Ranch and Bankers Hill. For information about how she can help you, check out her website www.saracolemft.com or get in touch at email@example.com or 619-316-3171.
10/12/2022 07:54:24 am
Watch be soldier center and begin institution. Win open threat here indicate agency even.
Leave a Reply.
Sara Cole has been providing mental health services in San Diego for over 15 years. Sara specializes in working with women and teen girls to overcome trauma and major life changes, including postpartum depression, going away to college, marriage, etc. Sara also loves to help people get their anxiety under control. She is also passionate about providing treatment to those whose lives are affected by the addiction of a loved one.